Skip to content

Get credit for past work

Finish faster. Pay less.

Request Free Program Info

Step 1 of 2

We respect your privacy. Submitting this form constitutes your express written consent to receive emails, phone calls, text messages and/or other media from Judson University at the phone number(s) or email(s) received, including a wireless number(s). These emails, texts, calls or other media may be generated using automated technology. You may opt out of receiving any of these communications at any time. You are not required to provide this consent to receive services from Judson University.

Get a head start on your convenient college experience

At Judson University, we’re confident now’s the time to finish what you’ve started. No matter how long ago you attended college, we’ll work with you to get the most credit for your life experience, so you only take the classes you truly need.

Download Preview

How to pay for school the smart way

Want to know the top ways Judson students pay for school? Find out in our FREE guide.

Download My Guide →

What makes me a transfer student?

Most of our adult students have past college and life experience that transfers in—you likely do, too! We’ll consider professional development, military training, college courses you’ve earned a C- or better in, and even an entire associate degree to apply toward your Judson degree.

Judson University accepts credit from a variety of sources:

  • Regionally accredited

    Regionally Accredited Universities

  • Vocational

    Vocational or Technical Schools

  • Miliary

    Military Experience

Choose the format that fits you best

Put your credits toward a 100% online degree or learn on campus in Elgin or Rockford.

  • Online


    Take classes from the comfort and safety of your own home.

  • Rockford Campus


    Select classes are now open at two convenient campus locations: Elgin, IL and Rockford, IL.

New to online classes? We’ve got you.

Due to COVID-19, online classes have become the new normal—but online learning is nothing new to us. Start learning online the right way.

Learn More

How do I get started?

To help simplify your transfer to Judson, make sure you have the following ready during your application process:

  • Official transcripts from all colleges or universities you’ve attended
  • Résumé demonstrating professional work experience
  • Scores from CLEP/DSST tests or other exams (not including ACT or SAT)
  • Copy of DD214 form and official military transcripts (if you served or are serving in the military)

Once you’ve submitted the required documents, our Registrar’s Office will review them, determine the credit that will transfer, and share the results with you.

Judson LOVES local community colleges

The Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) makes transferring between schools in Illinois easier. If you transfer to Judson from a school that participates in IAI, you can easily transfer many of your general education courses. Call an enrollment coach to see if your school’s on the list: 847.637.0689

Have questions about transferring to Judson? Ask an enrollment coach for assistance.

Request info

What if I need help?

Take the next step toward your degree by transferring to Judson University. Request more information today and we’ll be in touch.

“Knowing that each and every one of us genuinely cares about your success and goal of graduation is a pillar of pride we stand by here at Judson.”

—Tonya White, Senior Enrollment Coach