Champion Causes That Improve Lives
Human Services Administration MA
Develop strategies to improve the lives of at-risk groups
With your Master of Arts in Human Services Administration from Judson University, you can take charge of organizations that support vulnerable individuals and families. Combine executive-level business skills with empathy and understanding to become a competent, compassionate leader.
When you graduate, you will be prepared to:
- Apply human developmental theories to social work practices
- Demonstrate advanced business and leadership techniques to maintain your organization’s structure and finances
- Employ effective human services practices that help improve quality of life
Quick Start Guide
Short on time? Get the important stuff—admissions requirements, classes you’ll take, and what you’ll pay.
Get Your Guide →
Why do future human services leaders choose Judson?
Tuition below the private-college average
- $750 Cost Per Credit Hour (below the national private university average for graduate programs) - Source: IPEDS
- 99% of Judson students lower their out-of-pocket costs by receiving financial aid
Your master’s, on your schedule
- Attend class online or one night a week at the campus closest to you: Elgin or Rockford. It’s possible you’ll take courses in both formats.
- Plan to spend about 15 hours each week working on assignments.
- You can finish this degree in 18 months by following this plan.
Courses that build effectiveness and empathy
To graduate with your master’s, you must complete 36 credit hours. Courses blend theory and strategy with opportunities for real-world research and application.
- HSA 522 Professional, Legal, and Ethical Issues in Human Services Administration
- HSA 623 Human Services Program Planning, Delivery, and Evaluation
- MHC 504 Fundamentals of Human Services and Counseling Delivery Systems
- MHC 510 Human Growth and Lifespan Development
- MHC 512 Interpersonal Relations and Leadership Development
- MHC 515 Counseling Theory
- ORL 505 Analysis and Research Strategies
- ORL 525 Global Leadership: Leading Across Cultures and Distance
- ORL 612 Organizational Finance
- ORL 616 Strategic Leadership and Communication
- ORL 620 Applied Leadership Decision Making
- ORL 625 Applied Research Project in Leadership
Learn More About Your Courses
Illinois needs more managers like you
Illinois is projected to average 460 job openings each year statewide for social and community service managers.
Earning a Human Services Administration master’s and gaining work experience prepares you for such career opportunities as:
Preschool and childcare center director
Social and community service manager
Student services coordinator
Annual mean wage in Illinois as of May 2020/November 2021. Sources: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and Salary.com
Get More Jobs Info
Giving you strength you as you prepare to strengthen others
Always by your side, in-person or online
No matter how you take classes, you have easy access to Judson’s wide variety of supportive people and resources, such as:
- Enrollment and Success Coaches who help you navigate the application and enrollment processes, stay on top of your coursework, and maintain school-life balance.
- 24/7 tech helpdesk takes the worry out of virtually accessing classes and assignments.
- Tutoring and academic support empowers you to thrive, even in difficult classes and assignments.
- With an average class size of 15 students in this program, you’ll become close with your classmates.
- Smaller classes also means more one-on-one conversations with Judson’s expert instructors.
- 94% of Judson students recommend us to a friend because of the quality and community they find here.
Join Us—Learn How
Make a meaningful impact with your master’s